My research continues into the realm of practical mysticism. This journey speaks to the Hermetic maxim: As above, so below; as within, so without; as the universe, so the soul, attributed to Hermes Trismegistus ("thrice great", due to having attained knowledge of the physical, mental, and spiritual planes). The Hermetic perspective embraces the messages of Astrology, Alchemy, and Magic used to infuse earthly experience with the higher vibrations. Spirit, Soul, Body; Sun, Moon, Earth-Ascendant. As Rudhyar states, Wholeness is the integrating principle. The seven rubrics (or paragraphs with first letters in ruby red) of Hermes' THE EMERALD TABLET (Operation of the Sun) can be found below:
- In truth, without deceipt, certain, and most veritable.
That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracles of the One Thing. And just as all things have come from this One Thing, through the meditation of One Mind, so do all created things originate from this One Thing, through transformation.
- Its father is the Sun; its mother the Moon. The Wind carries it in its belly; its nurse is the Earth. It is the origin of All, the consecration of the Universe; its inherent strength is perfected, if it is turned into Earth.
- Separate the Earth from Fire, the subtle from the gross, gently and with great ingenuity. It rises from Earth to Heaven and descends again to Earth, thereby combining within itself the powers of both the Above and the Below.
- Thus will you obtain the glory of the Whole Universe. All obscurity will be clear to you. This is the greatest force of all powers, because it overcomes every subtle thing and penetrates every solid thing.
- In this way was the Universe created. From this comes many wondrous applications because this is the pattern.
- Therefore I am called Thrice Greatest Hermes, having all three parts of the wisdom of the Whole Universe. Herein have I completely explained the Operation of the Sun.
"Do not disturb my circles!"-- Archimedes
© 2018 All Rights Reserved